17th April 2013
Our ex-British Waterways Working Boat, Python, set out on its Summer tour yesterday. Each year it goes round the system to various events promoting our canal and the Trust.
The schedule for this year is
* May 18th - 19th Rickmansworth Festival
* June 14th - 16th Stoke Bruerne Gala
* June 29th - 30th Braunston Historic Working Boat Rally
* July 27th - 28th Linslade Canal Festival
* August 10th - 11th Blisworth Canal Festival,
* August 31st - September 1st Alvecote Historic & Working Boat Gathering
* September 7th - 8th Shackerstone Family Festival
* September 13th - 15th Black Country Boating Festival, Netherton
* October 11th Arrival back at home mooring.
Before leaving the canal, the crew will be helping the Canal & River Trust with some maintenance.
You will be able to follow their progress on our Python Tour Blog pages. If you look there now, you will see all the blogs from the 2011 and 2012 tours.
Click here for the Python page on Facebook.
What a way to start; clearing rubbish out of Bracebridge Lock.
On past Bracebridge Pumping Station .....
.... under Manton Viaduct .....
..... past Osberton Hall .....
..... through Osberton Lock .....
..... and onwards to the rest of the world.