The Chesterfield Canal Trust will be hosting a seminar at the Proact Stadium in Chesterfield on 30th September.
It will start at 10 a.m. and finish at 4 p.m.
The main purposes of the seminar are
1. To share the visions and plans for restoration and development of the canal from various organisations.
2. To prepare for the new HS2 route consultation, expected in October.
3. To celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the founding of the Chesterfield Canal Society, now Trust, and the achievements realised so far.
The speakers will be:
* Richard Parry, Chief Executive of the Canal & River Trust
* Paul Griffiths, Director of Development for HS2 Phase Two B.
* Prof. Mark Horton, Bristol University, the Cotswold Canals and BBC’s Coast
* Jack Hegarty, Chief Executive of Malvern Hills Council and Managing Director of Wychavon District Council
* Dr Geraint Coles, Director of Coles Baxter Associates, formerly Chesterfield Canal Development Manager
* Sue White, Derbyshire CC Waterways Projects Officer
* Andy Newton, Rotherham MBC Economic Development Team Project Officer
* John Lower, Chesterfield Canal Trust
* Robin Stonebridge, Chair of the Chesterfield Canal Trust
There will be displays about the developments planned along the canal, such as Waterside and Chatsworth Estates, with people to talk delegates through their plans.
We will publish the full programme here in due course.
There will be some places available to the public. These cost £20 and cover food and drink, including lunch. There is free parking at the stadium.
If you would like to buy a ticket, click here.